Thursday, July 7, 2016

Happy 4th of July!


It's just me, the wife, and our grill this year to celebrate July 4th!  The local seafood vendor was advertising some good deals this weekend.  So we bought some scallops and shrimp for the grill.
Here you can see my first attempt at bacon-wrapped scallops (on skewers) with a side of some corn on the cob!


It is recommended to put the bacon in the microwave for 4-5 minutes before wrapping them around the scallops.  This gets rid of some of the greasy fat and prevents flare-ups on the grill.

*** Note to self.....I tried to follow the online directions and wrap 2 scallops for each slice of bacon. They seem to fall apart quickly when you try to eat them.  The next time I attempt this I will stick with a ratio of 1:1.  They make it look so easy on those online videos.  Geesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment