In an earlier blog post I posted our first attempt at a smoked meatloaf on the grill. While it turned out to be quite delicious....we went back to our fellow BBQ bloggers to find a new recipe. If there is one thing I love about BBQ'ing....it's the opportunity to always go back and tweak a recipe until reaches your definition of perfection!
This recipe comes pretty close to MEATLOAF PERFECTION!
Using my Weber kettle grill (w/ charcoal) I followed the instructions from The Grillin' Fools blog site to make this meatloaf. Most of the recipe is similar to our previous attempt at smoked meatloaf, but you will note the additional seasonings and asiago cheese give it a new flavor profile. I also used lots of apple wood to give it a heavy smoke flavor (and also a noticeable smoke ring!).
The thing I enjoyed most was the addition of mashed potatoes on top of the meatloaf (which picks up the smoke flavor as well). I would certainly agree with Grillin' Fools when they say...The meatloaf is warm, filling and savory with a little sweetness from the brown sugar, carrots and barbecue sauce, complemented by the smokiness of both the meat and the mash potatoes. If that's not enough to make you want to try this recipe.....even my wife could not get enough of this dish! In my house that means this meatloaf is near perfection!


No comments:
Post a Comment