Aaron Franklin, an award-winning pitmaster, shares his knowledge and secrets of success in this meat-smoking manifesto. His love and enthusiasm for Central Texas barbecue is evident and he shares his passion in these pages.
Franklin Barbecue: A Meat-Smoking Manifesto is a book I both use and enjoy. From building or modifying a smoker to serving and eating, this book is brimming with detailed information and includes step-by-step instructions, beautiful pictures, and mouth-watering recipes. This meat-smoking manifesto is exceptional, and I look forward to using it again and again! Whether you are a beginner looking for direction or a seasoned pitmaster looking to perfect your method,
Franklin Barbecue: A Meat-Smoking Manifesto is the book for you!
It's hard to imagine a better BBQ book. Before diving into the recipes, Meathead leads you through the peripheral but essential stuff--what meat is, what your grill options are (charcoal/gas, smoker, etc.)--heck, even what it means to cook! Next you get your flavoring options - like the rubs that you apply at the beginning and sauces you can use at the end. Finally, you get the meats themselves. If you've read the earlier sections, you almost don't need this--you know that you want to cook low and slow, and you need to learn the nuances of your cooker. It's helpful to have the details just the same because a little hand-holding helps when you're new to the game, and there's a difference between making quick-cooking meats like seafood and chicken, versus the long-haul kinds like ribs and butts.
I haven't read the whole thing because this is a reference book. What I have read, and the recipes that I have tried, I like very much.
After reading these books I can honestly say I've mastered what it takes to become a successful grillmaster! JUST LOOK AT ME! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment