The more I play in my backyard BBQ.....the more I realize I have not conquered the brisket yet.
I haven't even TRIED to conquer the brisket yet. I have been waiting until I have an absolute firm grasp on my Ugly Drum Smoker before throwing such an expensive piece of meat on it.
Happy New Year's Eve!
Friend's of ours just happened to have a brisket in their freezer that they wanted smoked. So for NYE they asked us if we would smoke the brisket and bring it over to their house to celebrate the new year. You don't have to ask me twice!
To make a long story short.....I did my research.....and then I went back and researched some more before I threw this thing on my smoker. It wasn't a large brisket so I didn't have to spend an entire day manning the smoke/heat/temperature of the pit. When it was finally at temp I pulled that thing off the racks and sliced her up!
Nice smoke ring! But a little dry and overdone (I think?)! I'm sure I'll get a second chance to try again in the future. Anyone else have a brisket sitting in their freezer that I can experiment on? If so, give me a call anytime.



No comments:
Post a Comment