Tuesday, December 29, 2015

My Ugly Drum Smoker


My Weber grill was lonely sitting out in my backyard all by itself.  So I took on a new project that would give some company to my new grill.  Over the past few months I kept reading amazing stories about smoking meats vs. grilling meats.  It became clearly obvious that I needed to build a smoker!

Enter the UDS (Ugly Drum Smoker)

This little project was supposed to cost less than $100.  Uh, whoops!  The final cost will remain my little secret....because I was definitely overbudget!  But it was definitely worth the experience of putting together one hell of a smoker.  And, our smoking skills continue to improve with each new recipe and meat we've thrown on this UDS.

I modeled my UDS to match Daddy Cooks from YouTube (minus the bright yellow)!  Even for someone who is "tool challenged" I managed to whip through these directions and put mine together in one weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment